WHAT FALLS UNDER DOMESTIC OR FAMILY VIOLENCE IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA
- Crimes committed between family members
- Criminal damage to property
- Violation of protective orders
- And more
Violence against your family can be taken more seriously by the court since these are people whom you know and love. Your family legally consists of your spouse, biological parents of children, adopted children, step parents or step children, foster parents or foster children, and those living in the same household. The penalties can be severe.
PENALTIES FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA
- Conviction of battery for a first time offender is a misdemeanor with a maximum of 12 months in jail or a $1,000 fine or both
- Subsequent convictions are felonies that carry a penalty of up to 5 years in prison when it involves family members. Those who aren’t related have to have two or more prior convictions of battery before it jumps to the felony level
- Those who violate family violence protective orders can either be held in contempt of court or charged with a criminal act. This is a misdemeanor charge of up to 12 months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine
- Stalking and violating a family protective order an only be sentenced for one crime if the charges are based on the same conduct
CALL ASAP BAIL BONDS IN GWINNETT, COBB, WALTON, AND BARROW COUNTIES TODAY
ASAP Bail Bonds has been helping those accused of crimes, including domestic or family violence for over 20 years. We understand that the judicial system can be very complicated and scary. Our mission is to help you get out of jail as soon as possible so you can prepare your defense and resume your normal life while awaiting trial. We’ve streamlined the bail bond process as much as possible for you.
The Bail Bond Process
- Contact ASAP Bail Bonds. Once you or a loved one contacts us, we’ll gather all of the information we need over the phone or online, from the name of the person arrested to the crime they are accused of and what jail they are in.
- Once our fee, which is usually 10% of the bail set against you, is paid, we’ll get the paperwork going right away.
- We’ll file the paperwork with the courts, and you then will be free to go once everything has been processed. You can return to your family.
- As long as you keep your court dates, you will owe us nothing more.
Our reliable and affordable bail bond services aim to ensure your needs are taken care of. We can help you after you are out of jail with questions or concerns you may have. In addition, we offer a free warrant search, which can offer you peace of mind should you suspect you have an outstanding warrant against you. You can know instantly if you do, and we’ll be there if you need our assistance.
Many people ask us, “Do you get your bail money back?” If you have used our bail bond services, the answer is no. We have put up the entire sum of your bail, while you have only paid us a certain portion. This is our fee for providing the entire amount to the courts. If you pay our own bail, then, yes, you do get your bail money back as long as you comply with all court dates and other terms set by the court. Contact our local bail bond company to get started today!