After an arrest, if you committed what is considered a bailable offense, a judge will determine the amount of bail you must pay in order to be released. This amount of money can vary dramatically depending on the crime you committed, as well as how big of a flight risk the judge thinks you pose.
Once you find out how much you need to pay in order to secure your release, you are faced with two options:
- Put together the necessary funds, and pay the bail money on your own
- Hire a bail bondsman to handle the bail process, and pay a premium instead.
As a local company that provides bail bonds in Gwinnett County, we are here around the clock to help assist you with posting bail. As you decide which path is best for you, we will be happy to help. Feel free to contact us to learn more about whether or not hiring a bail bondsman is ideal for your situation.
Check out the following tips on when you should simply pay for bail on your own versus when you should hire the pros.
When You Should Do It Alone
In some cases, you can post bail on your own. Check out the following scenarios where posting bail by yourself makes sense.
- You have plenty of money to cover bail. When you are told the amount you need to pay in order to be released, what is your reaction? If you are someone with plenty of extra cash and you aren’t worried about the costs, then you might be able to simply pay the bail on your own.
- You are comfortable navigating the justice system. Another aspect of posting bail is navigating the system. If you feel confident that you can handle the process, then you might be a good candidate for posting bail on your own.
While there are situations where posting bail on your own is a possibility, it is more of a rarity. If you start the process of posting bail and then realize you need help, don’t hesitate to contact our team. We will be happy to assist you in determining your best course of action.
When You Should Hire A Bail Bondsman
For many people, hiring a bail bondsman helps ensure that the process is simple and fast. Check out the following situations where hiring a bail bondsman is the ideal choice.
- You don’t have enough money to cover bail. If you hear the amount that bail will cost you and you feel despair set in, contact a bail bondsman. When the cost of bail is too much, a bail bondsman will help you secure a bail bond instead. This surety bond allows you to simply pay a percentage of the total bail owed. The bail bondsman will then post the rest of the bail amount for you. For this reason, bail bondsmen are the ideal choice for those who are low on funds or for those who are saddled with an extremely high bail amount.
- You aren’t sure how to post bail. Navigating the justice system isn’t always easy. If you aren’t even sure where to begin, contact a bondsman. They will have experience handling the process and can make it extremely simple for you. A good bail agent will walk you through all necessary paperwork and expedite the process greatly.
- You are helping out a loved one in jail. Was your family member or friend arrested? If so, and you are hoping to bail them out of jail, call a bail bond company. They can help you post bail on behalf of someone else. You will simply provide a few details about the person arrested and they will get to work helping you post bail. It really is as simple as that.
- You want the process to be fast. To ensure the process is as fast as possible and that you or your loved one can return home stat, contact a bail bond agent. They will know how to handle the process efficiently with as few roadblocks as possible.
As you can see, there are far more situations where contacting a bail bondsman is the ideal choice than not. Simply put, a bail bondsman is there to ensure that bail is actually affordable and attainable for all.
Here at ASAP Bail Bonds, we exist because we firmly believe that everyone should have access to posting bail. We understand that the cost of bail is often too large of a burden for the average person to carry. This shouldn’t mean that you are stuck in jail, waiting for your trial. For this reason, we are dedicated to helping those who need assistance posting bail — no matter what landed you where you are today.
Contact Your Gwinnett County Bail Bond Company
Whether you know without a doubt that you need the help of a bail bondsman or you are still trying to figure it out, please contact our bail bond company in Gwinnett County. We will be more than happy to assist you in the process of posting bail. If you simply have questions about whether or not you need our help, we are happy to answer those inquiries as well.
Our team is on call 24/7. We have spent years serving our local community with posting bail. Reach out, and learn more about how our team can assist you today. We hope to be your trusted team for posting bail in Gwinnett County.