Georgia takes hit-and-run crimes much more serious than even a DUI. This is because you have willfully decided to disobey the law and leave the scene of an accident. It is looked upon as you putting lives at risk. This is because you could leave the other person seriously injured without help. Victims have died because no one called 911.
The penalties for hit-and-run in the state of Georgia includes:
- The driver is guilty of a felony if the accident caused death or severe injury and will face one to five years in prison and at least a four-month driver’s license suspension.
- If you’ve been convicted of prior offenses, you could face a “hard suspension” of your license.
- The driver is guilty of a misdemeanor if the accident was not serious and did not damage the vehicle and will face a fine between $300 and $1,000 and/or jail time up to 12 months in prison.
- A second conviction within 5 years results in a fine between $600 and $1,000 and/or 12 months in jail.
- A third conviction results in $1,000 fines and up to 12 months in jail.
ASAP BAIL BONDS OFFERS HIT-AND-RUN BAIL BONDS
If you’ve been accused of hit-and-run in the state of Georgia, ASAP Bail Bonds can help. We offer bail bond services in Gwinnett, Barrow, Walton, and Cobb Counties. Our 24/7 bail bondsman can get the bail bond process started so you can go free.
Our bail bond process is straight-forward. You or a loved one call us when you’ve been arrested. We’ll collect some basic information, such as what crime you’ve been arrested for and what jail you or your loved one is being held at. Then, we’ll quote you our fee, which is a percentage of the bail set (as long as your loved one doesn’t have to go before a judge for a bail bond hearing). Once our fee has been paid, we’ll get the paperwork submitted to the courts, and you can pick up your loved one and go home.
ASAP Bail Bonds has been serving the people of Georgia with exceptional bail bond services for years. We have a wealth of experience in such matters, and we’re more than happy to explain the bail bond process to you. We offer free warrant searches for those who suspect they may have an outstanding warrant against them. If you do have an outstanding warrant, you’ll have time to arrange your affairs before you turn yourself in. Whether you’re facing a charge for hit-and-run or for some other crime, such as DUI or drug charges, we can help. Call our 24/7 bail bondsman today!