If you’ve been arrested for child molestation in the state of Georgia, you can be looking at jail time even for first-time offenders. Child molestation is a serious charge that could affect the rest of your life, and if you’ve been falsely accused, you need to be preparing your defense. The penalties for a conviction of child molestation in Georgia are severe:
- Jail time between 5 and 20 years for a first-time child molestation conviction. This is a felony crime.
- Subsequent child molestation conviction, jail time is between 10 and 30 years. This is a felony crime.
- Child molestation can be a misdemeanor if the victim is between 14 and 16 and the perpetrator is 18 years old or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim.
- You will be legally required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life.
- Aggravated child molestation carries even more severe penalties from life in prison to 25 years in prison with probation for life. There are exceptions here as well, resulting in a misdemeanor charge: 1) The victim is between the ages of 13 and 16 2) The perpetrator is 18 years old or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim 3) The charge stems from an act of sodomy
CHOOSE ASAP BAIL BONDS AS YOUR BAIL BOND COMPANY OF CHOICE
ASAP Bail Bonds can help. We offer the best bail bond services in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, and Clayton Counties. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can help you or a loved one get out of jail quickly. Bail bond services are relatively simple. You call us and give us some details on where you or your loved one is being held and the crime they are facing. After that, we’ll handle all of the paperwork with the court. You simply pay us a small percentage of your bail (usually around 10%), and we’ll get started. We have great relationships with the courts, and the bail bonding process is fairly quick.
Once the paperwork is done and filed, you or your loved one can go home and begin to put the piece of your life back together as you craft a defense. It’s quick, simple, and effective. As long as you don’t skip your trial, you owe us nothing more. We understand how stressful and life-altering being arrested for a crime can be. We’re here to answer your questions and get you the help you need. Our bail bond company is open 24/7, ensuring we’re here when you need us. Contact ASAP Bail Bonds to learn more and get started today!